Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Mystery of "Oash"

Hunter has been using a new word lately and we couldn't for the life of us figure it out. It didn't sound like anything we knew and we were just stumped. "Oash". What could this strange new word mean?!

After days of trying to figure out "oash," we finally learned the meaning. I realized that Hunter used the word most when he had his cup or wanted a drink. It didn't matter if he was drinking milk, juice, or water, he said "oash". Finally, I just asked. "Hunter, what is 'oash'?" He pointed to his cup and repeated "oash." Aaah!! Now I get it! The mystery has been solved. "Oash" is whatever H is drinking. I'm thinking maybe it started as juice and he made his own word.

So, this summer, we will enjoy lots of "oash" and have lots of fun just hanging out together!

He has been known to babble and make up words. My favorite and the cutest is "dab-ah-dab-ah-dab"! He walks around repeating it. I'm pretty sure he has his own little language and I'm thankful when I get to be a part of it and learn the meaning of "Hunter words". I sure do love this kid and I'm thankful God chose me to be his Momma.

No comments: