Monday, March 16, 2009

Was Blind but Now I See!



It has been an interesting weekend at the Holloway house. Friday, I had laser correction done on my eyes. (Please excuse any typos, my vision is still a little cloudy). I slept for about 3 hours Friday afternoon. FYI, Hunter has a pretty cool daddy who kept him quiet and played with him so I could rest. I felt pretty good, vision was pretty blurry. I put my cool goggles back on and went back to bed about 11. Valium + Vicodin+ Really good sleep!

Saturday, I woke up and saw the clock for the first time since I was about 5. What an amazing feeling! I felt okay, until I got in the sunlight, in the house, with the blinds closed. So, I scrambled Hunter and egg and made him some toast in the dark, with my cool, medical sunglasses on. Jimmy and Hunter took me to my check-up. Everything looked good. . . irritation was normal (like sand in my eyes! Ouch!). . . Light sensitivity normal (but not fun). . . blurry vision is normal. I went home and H and I took a good nap.

Our good friends Todd, Tiffany, Talyn (and Tatum coming in May) came to LBK to see us and some other friends. I was definitely not the hostess with the mostest. It felt best when my eyes were closed, so I think I slept awhile Saturday. We did meet them for lunch at Fazoli's. You know you have good friends who don't mind being in public with you with absolutely no make-up on.

Sunday, I thought we might make it to church, but my eyes wouldn't stay open in the light. Yikes! The feeling of something stuck in my eyes was gone, but wow! who knew the light was so bright in our house! More sleeping on Sunday. We did go out to a great dinner at Red Lobster though. Yummy!

Today was a much much better day. Light sensitivity almost gone, no irritation, just a little cloudy vision. Still no make-up. Ran errands with mom and Aunt Sassy and Hunter. I go back to the Dr. tomorrow for a check-up and hopefully to get my bandage contacts out. Thank you for your prayers. If you see me, please don't be frightened! Ha!

Mr. H has been a trooper through this all. He thinks my goggles are quite funny. I have to wear them any time I sleep or play with him. I tell you what, God gave us the happiest kid in the world. He laughs and smiles all of the time.

No comments: