Friday, June 20, 2008

6 Months Old and Growing Like a Weed

Hunter is now 6 months old. He is precious beyond words! What a joy. At his 6-month doctor appointment we learned that Hunter is almost 16 pounds and 26 inches! Growing like a weed! He can now sit at the table with the grown-ups with his handy high-chair cover. The car seat is too heavy to carry anywhere now!

Mr. H is a busy busy boy! He can scoot or roll himself all over the place. He can get around pretty quickly so we have to keep an eye on him. He loves paper and anything else he can put in his mouth. We sometimes put his toys on the ground and toss them away from him just to watch him move to get them. Of course, this means that the carpet has to be vacuumed more and the dog toys have to be picked up. Thankfully Oscar Bob and Dixie know the difference between their toys and Hunter's toys!

This week we started solid foods. What an experience! Hunter's doctor said to start with green veggies then go to yellow veggies then fruits. Hunter's Granna and I made some food on Monday. We did peas, green beans, zucchini, and spinach. We started with the peas. Hunter does not like them! He makes a sad yucky face and won't swallow. I've been mixing the peas with his rice cereal and he is a little better at eating them. I pray Hunter isn't a picky eater like his momma!

Hunter has recently started trying to pull up on people but his little legs aren't quite strong enough. It won't be long though before he's doing it on his own. He's always loved standing. Our sweet boy is changing every day and learning new tricks. We can't wait to see what God has for our next adventure in Hunter Land!

Have I mentioned how blessed we are?!

By the way, Hunter's dedication at church is July 13th. Please let me know if you need any more information. We don't want any of the important people to Hunter to be left out!

1 comment:

Becky said...

6 months goes by so fast!! What a big boy. Now, I'm not real sure why your dr. told you to start with greens but that is a bad idea - I was told and read everywhere to start with yellow then green and of course intro fruits last. I understand where your dr is coming from because if they master greens they can pretty much master anything... but at the same time if he never has a good experience with veggies he may never eat them. I may not know what I'm talking about but... I will just say that my daughter is off the charts in her weight at over 100% so I'm thinking when it comes to food I've had some good experiences! heehee!! He'll get there though... just be persistent and don't let him win the fight! :)

I definitely want to see pics of the dedication since I won't be able to be there. That is such a sweet time for you and the family. We had baby dedications at our church tonight and Shane and I both cried during the prayer time just thinking about our dedication time with Jorja. :) What a blessing and a challenge to commit our little ones to the Lord.

Sorry this was so long. Love you friend.