Monday, May 12, 2008

My First Mother's Day

What a blessing yesterday was. I have a whole new perspective on Mother's Day now that I am a momma. Several times yesterday I felt blessed to the point of tears coming to my eyes. My sweet baby boy's 5 month birthday just happened to fall on the same day as Mother's Day. Oh, I can't put into words how blessed I am. I am so thankful for the miracle of life and love. I have a precious wonderful husband and a baby that is amazing beyond words. What more could a Momma ask for?! Thank you Lord Jesus!



Again, I see God's hand at work in my life. I pray continually that I won't miss any of Hunter's first while I am working. This weekend, I was home for two precious moments. Friday night while I was sitting at my computer, I hear this sweet little raspberry noise and look down at the vibrating chair and Mr. H, with very sleepy eyes, is blowing wet, slobbery raspberries and having a great time doing it! What a sweet and silly thing! His cheeks get full and his little lips pucker up and he goes to town just blowing away!



Hunter has a new favorite game. His daddy has taught him to play peek-a-boo. Hunt just laughs and laughs his big old belly laugh and I just sit and giggle right along. At first, Jimmy would cover Hunter's face with his blanket and ask "Where's Hunter?" followed by pulling the blanket down and saying "Peek-a-boo!" and Hunter just laughs! Now, Mr. H covers his own face and pulls the blanket down and waits and watches for us to respond. What a fun little game! You can't beat a Mr. H smile!



What a wonderfully blessed weekend. Thank you Father God for your infinite blessings. Again I say, I am blessed beyond measure!

2 comments:

Becky said...

you are so blessed and such a great mommy. Hunter is one lucky little man! :) I can't believe he is 5 months old already. Time is FLYING! I'm so glad you enjoyed your first mother's day and so glad you are getting to enjoy all those little "firsts". love you!

Natalie said...

so glad that you had a very happy first mother's day!